The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the world like never before. If your area was not significantly affected, you must surely be searching for ways to get rid of the boredom. It takes time, patience, and creativity to chill amidst the chaos that is all around you. Fortunately, you need not look far, as Handy has compiled a few ways you can lay back and relax even while thinking about the lingering after-effects of COVID-19. So, without further ado, let’s begin.
1. Doodle- Stimulating the creative part of your mind can be a great way to curb any lingering anxiety. Studies show that coloring complex geometrical patterns is a meditative procedure. Practice it long enough, and you will be able to calm your mind in the gravest situations.
You can practice on Mandela drawings, or start from scratch. There are numerous coloring apps available on the play store for you to install and get started right away. Don’t confuse these coloring books with children’s books. These are way more complicated and require a higher degree of concentration than others.
2. Adequate Sleep- Studies reveal that a sleep-deprived individual is more likely to get infected due to their lack of immunity. Every adult must have at least 8 hours of sleep every day. Without such routine rest, you will not only feel sluggish but will also notice your fear, anxieties, and worries surfacing more often and in a terrifying manner.
Proper sleep not only boots your physical health but ensures you are mentally healthy enough to cope with daily changes with a calm demeanor.
3. Do Yoga or any other form of exercise- Working from home while sitting at your desk for hours on end is unhealthy. Some light yoga or a simple exercise routine will get the blood pumping through your veins and let you embrace the day with a burst of energy.
Yoga is a great way to relax your nerves. However, be careful of how you practice if you’re a beginner. Choose simple postures and work your way up gradually.
4. Music- Being able to play a musical instrument is a great talent. If you can, play your guitar, try out a new song, play around with a few scales and try to create something new. Music has a way of soothing the soul, unlike anything else.
The act of creating good music touches the heart of your listeners. This is a great time to dive into your hobbies and explore what you’re capable of doing. It’s the optimal way to chill and have fun at the same time.
5. Get Social- You can be socially active without physically meeting your friends; technology has ensured it. Simply install one of the many multi-video chatting apps and invite your friends for a chat. Let off some steam or listen to the story of your friends but in general, have fun.
These are only some of the many ways Handy assumes you can chill during the striking pangs of COVID-19. Nothing is permanent, and this too shall pass. In the meantime, make sure not to miss the priceless days of your life.