We often keep insurance policy papers in a safe place because they can be essential. Although it rarely happens, losing some of your crucial documents can be worrisome.
What if you lose the paperwork relating to your two-wheeler insurance policy? It is risky to ride your bike without your two-wheeler insurance policy, which is a crucial document.
How To obtain copies of insurance documents?
Your best option could be to ask your insurance company for a duplicate copy of your insurance policy. Before applying for a duplicate policy document, there may be a few requirements.
How to apply for a copy of your bike insurance?
A two-wheeler insurance policy contains the insurance details for the insured vehicle. You need to have your policy documents on hand to be able to submit a claim to your insurance provider. *
So, if you can’t find the policy papers, the quick thing to do would be to ask for a copy of the policy.
Take the following steps to get a copy of the lost insurance policy document as soon as possible:
- Step 1: Submit an FIR
- Step 2: Submit a formal request for a new insurance certificate to the insurer.
- Step 3: Print the following in your neighbourhood paper.
- Step 4: Send your insurer an indemnity bond on non-judicial stamp paper.
File an FIR:
You must file a First Information Report (FIR) with the local police. Include your policy number, the type of policy (comprehensive bike insurance or third-party bike insurance), and extras or riders.*
You must ask the police department for a copy of the FIR as evidence that the documents were missing and that you have reported the loss. Get the copy attested and give it to your insurance provider.
Please send a written request for duplicate two-wheeler insurance coverage to your insurance provider, explaining why you want it.
On the application, write down all the essential information about your insurance, such as the policyholder’s name, policy number, date, and type of coverage.
Quick steps to obtain duplicate insurance papers:
- Call the insurance agent: If you have applied for your two-wheeler insurance through an insurance agent, call the agent and provide information about the loss. The insurance agent might have a copy of your insurance papers.
- Contact the customer care centre: If your insurance company has an email support system, write to them mentioning your registered mobile number and mail ID. If the company policy of your insurer allows it, they may share the copy via email.
- Download a copy: Check whether your insurance company offers online policy renewal or a download facility. If it does, log in to your account and download the policy papers online.
If nothing from the above works, call your insurance company immediately and ask for a copy of your two-wheeler policy papers. Remember, you might have to pay a nominal fee to issue duplicate policy papers. Ensure to check bike insurance price online to stay ahead of these charges.
In the end, two-wheeler insurance takes care of all the legal problems and pays for all or part of the damage. Hence, keep the document safe at all times. *
* Standard T&C Apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘